The sun is (finally) shining and the temperatures are warming up! Before you know it, summer will be here. We know it can be hard to come up with new treats to add to your picnic spread, so we’ve got you covered. This Watermelon Fruit Pizza recipe is delicious, nutritious and super simple to put together!
- 1 whole watermelon
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Carefully cut the watermelon into one or more 1-inch round slabs. Slice about 5 strawberries for each pizza you plan to make. Chop the mint.
- Use a high-speed blender or an electric mixer to whip cream and vanilla just until firm (don't over-mix, or you'll get butter!)
- Spread whipped cream on the watermelon "crust," then top with berries and mint.
- Cut each pizza into slices and serve!
Watermelon Fun Facts
- Watermelon is 92% water. This is great for dental health because the water can help remove excess food particles stuck in and around the teeth. It can also wash away bacteria in the mouth.
- Watermelons are rich in vitamin C, which helps kill bacteria and can help strengthen the gum tissue. Added bonus? Watermelons are also an excellent source of vitamin A, which helps maintain eye sight.
- Despite its red color, watermelon does not stain teeth!
VBA dental plans are administered and underwritten by TruAssure and are offered in association with the DenteMax Plus dental network arrangement, which includes participating dentists from the United Concordia, DenteMax and Connection dental networks in all states but North Carolina, where the DenteMax Plus network arrangement includes DenteMax and Connection dental networks.